The trophies of the CUGC are an integral part of the history of the club. In recent years, several of the trophies have been unearthed by Mike Morrison. This has allowed the Linskill and Dunedin cups to be reintroduced, as part of the CUGC for the 2022-23 season. These cups are now played for in the termly CUGC medal. This will allow the current members of the CUGC to play for a small place in its revered history. A list of the trophies and medals, in no particular order, are as follows.
The Linskill Cup, donated in 1877, by the father of one of CUGC’s key historical figures, W T Linskill.
The Storey Medal, Eustace Storey’s runner-up medal in the 1924 Amateur Championship.
The Dunedin Cup, donated by Lord Dunedin in 1928. Like Andrew Graham Murray, he was one of the original members of CUGC in 1869. The silver trophy is encrusted with 17 half-crowns dating prior to 1869 to represent the subscription payments made by the original 17 members.
The Welsh Cup, purchased from donations by past members of CUGC in 1929 in commemoration of William Welsh, President of CUGC from 1892 until his death in 1925.
The Carr Challenge Cup, donated by Emsley Carr in 1930, the owner of The News of the World from 1891-1941. Three of his sons represented Cambridge in the Varsity Golf Match in the 1930s.
The Sutherland Tassie, presented by Sir Gordon Sutherland in 1973, President of CUGC form 1967-80.
The Don’s Cup, presented by Dr Denis Marrian in 1986, in commemoration of Sir Robert Speed.
In addition, Nigel Notley and Mike Morrison purchased by auction last year, the Worlington Scratch Golf Medal, played for by CUGC members in the 1940s.
The Barrow Medal, from 1892, is currently owned by a private collector in the US.